Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Transcendence

In many ways, picking up writing again, is like getting back on a bicycle. Sure, you never forget once you learn, but you're probably still a little wobbly and could use some practice before going back out in public.

Perhaps this only happens with me. Nonetheless, that's how it feels. I let my hubby go out for a bit so he could get some "him" time. We both get that rarely, so he took up the offer without much hesitation. The girls then took it upon themselves to play together in their room; and nicely too! 

I was sitting at the computer, thinking of what I wanted to do, and suddenly it came to me: write. Write already! I mean, I've been wanting to for so long. Why not now? So I did.

It took a long to time to get into that place. I turned on some music, tried to figure out where I would write (there is no document software on this computer curently), and then I stared at a blank page.

Within a few moments, I forced myself to type anything that came to mind. Once I was typing, it came to me, and I was writing. Badly, in my opinion, but I didn't care because I was writing again. 

Five minutes later, Megan was asking for her "boppy" which means bottle, and it was bedtime.

By the time I got back, I will be honest that trying to get back into that mindset felt a bit daunting. But that is part of being a parent, and it's something I will have to keep working at until I can slip into the mindset whenever I need it. It will take time, but it will come.

It felt great, by the way. Like coming home after an extremely long day.

How does writing feel to you? 

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could write more!! Good luck on getting back writing, hoping to read something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing is exciting...much of the time my mind moves too quickly for me to keep up with it. i think i may need a mind-transcriber. anyhow, during those rare moments of being able to keep up with myself, i love it enough to lose myself in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a mind-transcriber is a great idea! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete