Friday, February 20, 2015

Running, Always Running

Step after step
running in the darkness
music in my ears
the breeze pulling back my hair.

I am actually longing to go running now. Even in the darkness, which I've never been overly fond of. I long to make my way down the trail I have frequented and just go until my legs can no longer move forward. I just want to run, let this world around me dissolve, and the world inside me open its doors and allow me entrance.  To the stars, I say. To the stars.

When I close my eyes, I can see the nebulae birthing solar systems, planets teeming with life: lush plants, rushing green waters, small fish and animals rushing to and fro.  The world is tangible. I can touch it, smell it, feel it beneath my running feet.  I want to see it all.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Looking through this post
    reminds me of my previous roommate! He always
    kept talking about this. I'll forward this information to him.
    Fairly certain he'll have a very good read.
    I appreciate you for sharing!

    Check out my site: kw2 ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic weblog format! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made running a blog look easy. The whole glance of your web
    page () site is great, as smartly as
    the content material!

    ReplyDelete