Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Rewriting the Stars

This last month, it was 5 years since I started my current full time job. I have grown gracefully and a little wildly in places. And I have learned much. In all the things I have accomplished and set before me, I have sowed a seed that grew to reveal a very different plant than I thought I was going to get.

I thought that I was going to just work a normal 9-5 job, raise a family, and write in all the spaces in between. Instead, I have learned that for myself, that is not to be. Rather than filing and managing and working those numbers, I am a different plant than one that thrives in such an environment.

Despite loving who I work for, those I work alongside, and the meaning behind all of the work, I am finding that I am not happy there. I have tried being happy, and I feel I was, for a time. Now, however, I feel it is time to move on and do that which I have always desired to do.

It is time to leave the world we have created: the 9-5, the rush hour traffic, the Mondays, the "hump" days, and the office burnout. It is time to go back to what started all of this blogging and writing nonsense.

Stories. Books. Settings. Characters. Themes. Connection. Hope. My life.

And ironically enough, it begins with relearning the alphabet, words, sentence structure, and wordplay. In every sense, I am about to embark on getting those obnoxious ABC's down to no longer a science, but an art. It is time to go back to school. To study what I've always loved and had a passion for. To work to accomplish what I feel I've always been meant to do.

And so I go. Literally, I will go to school. To finish what I began years back; to set out on the next adventure of my life and of my family's. In this moment, it brings me peace to say such things.


No comments:

Post a Comment