Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's never too late...

...to get back on the horse.

The entire point of this blog was to help in motivating myself to continue down the writing path and complete a novel, if not more.  Needless to say, I fell off the wagon a little ways back.  However, I find that browbeating myself only aggravates the problem.  Continuing the quest for motivation and creativity stoke the small glowing embers and begin to allow the fire to re-ignite within my mind.  I take the offer with generous love and treat it as a fragile newborn that I am eager to have in my life along with the gut-wrenching fear of what my life is about to embark upon. It is a scary path, but one that reaps so many benefits if we open our eyes to the sights around us now.

I've been enjoying life with my new little girl and seeing all her milestones she's been eager to reach and I impatiently await all the new ones to come.  I've since restarted school as well and am working hard to see it through completely.  Though this makes me quite busy, I believe I am ready to challenge myself to do what I feel I've always needed to: finish this novel.  I don't care if I only have 20 minutes in a day to do this. I will take it.

Photo courtesy of Melanie Doi.
When I falter in my motivation, I hope that I continue to look to my daughter and note the pure determination on her face as she attempts to master a new concept or physical demand.  She is determined to achieve success and no matter how many failures she encounters, she finally finds that success.  One thing is assured: failure is only stopping short of your eminent success. 

So off I go, to attempt the mindset to get even one line down.  Good or bad, sensical or nonsensical (as I call it), it will be written tonight, and more tomorrow and the next day. That is my goal, and that is my prize. 



1 comment: