Saturday, January 17, 2015

An Ethereal Mind

I have really been working hard on my book lately. I almost feel like I'm living in two worlds simultaneously.  It's wonderful, besides exhausting at times. It is as if I am reading my own book for the very first time.  It is that feeling of driving with the top down, your hair whipping through the air, and the wind playing across your skin. That wonderful feeling of freedom and heaven and beauty.

It hasn't been easy. I've hit a few roadblocks with things, but finding ways around it have come and allowed me to side-step a difficult patch of story and focus on something different, allowing that snarl of imagination to slowly unravel itself.  It can be more fun than you think.

For some reason, Lawrence Fishbourne from The Matrix just popped into my head. "Free your mind," and then he jumps an impossible distance from one sky scraper to the next.  It is cheesy, I will admit, but it seems that if you let your subconscious and your conscious meet, speak, and reminisce, wonderful things can happen. Impossibilities can become realities, and you can write a book that will one day sit on a shelf among the greats, calling out to those who walk by. Someone will pick it up, take it home, and enter your mind, your impossibility, and will enjoy every moment of that journey.

Can you imagine?

If you can, you are further than you think. But don't simply imagine and dream. Do. Dreamers can be doers. The best dreamers are those who do. They are the reason we have come so far, and they are the reason why we have the ability to continue to dream.

I will get off my philosophical and wordy pedestal now.  I have some caverns of imagination still to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment