Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cutting the Trail

I spent most of yesterday in the car for work.  I believe I drove a total of 6 hours in the car besides the work I had to do. So I decided to make the best of it, put in some inspiring music and write in my head.

There have been a few hurdles that I've needed to overcome in my book; some points of detail and important details that I've been mulling over for awhile.

Side note: pay attention while driving. I am in no way condoning writing a book in your head while driving. It is very distracting, especially once it gets dark.

Let's just say I made a lot of headway. I immersed myself so far into my book that details started revealing themselves.  Even long after I got home, and I began to fall asleep, further pieces of the puzzle kept falling into place. It was becoming so much so that I had to wake up a little and share it with my husband to keep from forgetting anything by the next morning.

It was an amazing and an amazingly draining experience!

Has this ever happened to you?  Have you ever dug deep into yourself, into a story you are creating and allowed yourself to just let go of reality and see where it takes you? It's an amazing experience and it allows your mind to truly allow your story, your world, your characters to come to life. Not to mention, it is unbelievably fun and invigorating to move giant Superman leaps forward.

It was such an amazing experience that I am in withdrawals today.  My body and mind are so tired from yesterday's events that I'm not sure if I should take time to do it again today.  Yet I am drawn to do it, very very much. So much that I am at constant battle with myself subconsciously, and likewise can't figure out anything else to do.

I think I'll give in and see where it takes me. Hopefully I don't get lost. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment