Saturday, April 14, 2018

A Storm's Beguiling

I was speeding along so quickly yet not quickly enough for my own whirlwind of inspiration.  And then it came.  Blowing in from the west southwest, came a storm wrapping our home in lightning, thunder, wind, and rain and taking our electricity with it.

It attempted to steal my fire with sirens keening somewhere amidst the storm, barely heard but sounding nonetheless.  My husband and I gathered our half-asleep children into the bathroom and we camped out for 20 minutes on the floor with our pillows and blankets.

Finally the sirens ceased, we put our children to bed and the storm finally began to ease somewhat so I could continue with my writing, albeit still without power.

Thankfully my computer still had a 31% charge.  So I finished out my chapter and was forced to call it a night.

The adventure was within and without my mind.  But thankfully both sides came out faring well on the other end.

Another chapter is down in a new edit.  And now I begin the next.  The prospect is most exciting,
and the sparks from my fingers are beginning to fire once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment