Friday, April 13, 2018

The Gossamer Touch

Oh Lois Lowry, how your magical writing inspires me!

I feel the touch, the touch of the author's hand.  It is stronger in me than it has been in a long time.  I haven't felt this clear about a path in writing since I wrote a short story called The Loose Thread.  I wrote it in one edit*.  And there it was for all to see. 

*I have since edited the story here and there so don't ever think anyone is that good.  But at the time, I went over and over and over it and could find little to edit in the story.  I will say that the majority of edits with that story were grammatical errors and sentence structure.

Do you have a moment, a tempered flash of when that clarity hits? It is a rare thing and I feel led by a hand other than my own.  I merely try to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment