Thursday, April 19, 2018

Blackberry Lemonade

I've had some flights of fancy, finding the inspired winds and allowing myself to flow along them like a leaf caught up in the trail of it all.  And I've had my moments where I, the leaf, have gotten entangled in a branch and had to painstakingly extricate myself and wait again for that wind to blow.

It has been wondrous and chaotic and adventurous and worrying and more.  I am enraptured in it all because on it goes and on it flows.  So long as I keep coming back and doing all I can maybe someday I can do it everyday, all day and late into the night if need be.  And no longer would I be shackled to the idea of hiding away myself in order to "be the adult."

I may be an adult, but still will I forever dance in the rain and watch the wind flow through the leaves of the tree on a blanket in Spring.  Still will I forever be me and that I will never change.  Still will I forever dream, and still will I forever wish on a dandelion star, and still will I gaze at the stars above and wonder about the heavens beyond.

That is who I am.  That is who I always will be.  And that is my writing.  How I hope for it to be.

But without hard work, I know, nothing grows but weeds (Quote taken from the great mind of Gordon B. Hinckley).

No comments:

Post a Comment