Thursday, January 18, 2018

Meanwhile back in the States...

Sometimes you have to just get into the groove to get into the mood to create some words.  Yes, I am listening to music again.  What made you guess?

Extra points if you can guess the song.

I didn't get too much done yesterday. I felt too moody to really accomplish anything.  That and again, this is the chapter where I got very excited, but I also realized how much I still need to edit.  It feels sometimes like there's not much to be done.  Then I get into it and realize that there is still so very much.  I will say that I was quite pleased with myself when I got to a page and said to myself, "Why didn't I elaborate on this scene, stretch it out, and really show the characters in their element?"

"Oh yeah," I told myself, "I meant to make a note that it needed to be 'puffed up' and I never did." Then I thought for a moment. "Wow, I cannot believe I'm on the same wavelength as myself all those months ago."

It's like we're the same mind!

Okay, lame, I know. But I have to appreciate that my brain is good for something in this instance.  I always tell myself I will remember certain things and then I immediately forget. I mean, you are talking to someone who lost a new credit card for 2 months in my sock drawer!

But I remembered, and I saw the scene in my head just as clearly in my mind as back then.  If not, a little clearer. 

So, yes, I'm quite anxious to get back to it.  And again, on the other end of the thread, I am a little resistant to just how much my work is cut out for me in this last half of my book. 

I can say that, I am officially half way through this draft.  Weehaw! I'm ready to do this. Now I just need the music to take me there. 

Hey, while I'm wondering on mine for the evening, what music are you into? What makes you ponder or simply relax? I am always eager to discover new artists and muses.

No comments:

Post a Comment