Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm Going to Buy A Zoo

It's been a crazy whirlwind of Christmas, visiting family, relatives, long distance phone calls, dinners, outings, shopping, preparing for the new semester and recovering from the previous semester.  And not once have I felt a moment to myself.  Honestly... it's degrading me a little bit and I've been finding myself in a surly mood that has only compounded upon itself a little more every day.  This helps, though. 

I did enjoy my Christmas very much.  Seeing my daughter experience this time of year for the first time has been exciting, and I'm sure I've been borderline obsessive about making sure everything revolved around her and what made her happy.  Or what I perceive makes her happy.  But this time of year to me has always held a magical dream of happiness and enlightenment which is something I very much want her to experience as well.  So I think I added that stress and diminished my own free time trying to go above and beyond.

Now that things are (slowly) dying down, I am looking forward to the Write-a-thon coming up in my schedule.  This is a new project that I am hoping will kick-start my creativity, my writing mode and voice, as well as give me some new nuggets of wisdom to share.  I'm not completely sure of the details as of yet (stay tuned for those), but it will occur before the semester begins and I know it will probably drive me insane and eventually to an epiphany of creativity for my mind.  But not without a little bloodshed on my part (no, not in the literal sense.  Rituals of that kind are a little medieval to me).

So let me gather together the great minds I need to surround myself with and collaborate with my subconscious on how to go about attempting and outlining my Write-a-thon.  It won't be big to you, but I do believe some preparation is in order.  I'm scaring myself more than I need to, but perhaps that is a necessary emotion.  It's time I move ahead and buy a zoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment