Friday, January 20, 2012

Does 2012 Hate Me?

I did not state that I would not be online to update my blog in retaliation of SOPA.  For those non-United States based readers: this is an Act proposed by the U.S. Government to stop pirating over the Internet.  It sounds harmless, however, along with it would be so many strings and Government-controlled "extras" that the very Act is in violation of our Bill of Rights in our Constitution.  I won't bore you with politics, especially since I don't have much interest in the topic overall.  Regardless, I felt it important to support the silence that most U.S. based websites took part in on Wednesday.  This is a very important bill and approval of this bill would change so much in regards to the Internet and even impact this little blog.

In the meantime, I spent Wednesday at school, learning a lot and wishing I were at home writing and hanging out with my daughter.  On Thursday, I woke up feeling great, I had a great morning with my family and we were going to go to the grocery store and do some shopping.  However, with Madeline in my arms (in her car seat, thank goodness), I stepped off the porch and immediately ended up face first in the snow when I twisted my ankle.  I had misjudged the step because everything was covered in snow, and the ice didn't seem to help my situation.  So, down I went, and back into the house we went.

Sick last week and hurt myself this week; I'm not sure if I want to know what 2012 has in store for me next week or the week after.  The good news is, Madeline was not hurt in the least and my ankle is much better today than yesterday.  I'm able to get around by myself and I'm only having problems with stairs.  The swelling is minimal and there is no bruising!  So I should be completely healed in the next few days.

In the meantime, there are words to be written, homework to be done, books to be read. 

As a reminder: I would love some comments about whether you are interested in seeing my writing, or even if you are interested in certain topics or aspects of writing.  I did receive one comment in my last entry (thank you, MelD!), but I would like to hear from more of you.  Do you hate the new design?  Do you want my title changed?  What can I address or do for you?

Quote of the Day:  If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that it is poetry.  If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. ~Emily Dickenson

2 comments:

  1. What do you love about writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to clarify my statement, I do mean that I don't care for the topic of politics overall, whereas I do care about putting a stop to this proposed bill and its intentions.

    And, Nlewis, I will answer you question in the next blog posting. Thank you for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete