Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome to the New Year!

Well, I'm going to briefly share a few of my New Year's resolutions in regards to writing.  After all, I know me, and I love achieving goals I set for myself.  I also know it's important for your character as a human being to have goals and something to work toward.  For myself, I never seem to have near as many problems if I have a project or something of the sort to focus on.  So here's my list for 2012:

-Do another Write-A-Thon during my winter break from school (takes place in February/ March)
-Finish my book
-Do a complete edit of my book
-Apply to find an agent
-Begin work on my next book (as in writing that actual pages, no more meandering)
-Read Stephen King's On Writing, his book of essays
-Take part in NaNoWriMo this year (National Novel Writing Month- November)
-Work toward attending a Writer's Conference (this unfortunately is reliant on my financial position as well as timing), if not attend one this year
-Create a craft that relates directly to my writing (I'm a girl, I naturally do this type of thing, so why not direct it to usefulness)

There you have it.  My list for 2012.  This does not include my other resolutions which are much shorter and more personal life oriented.  I'm anxious to get to work on these goals.  With school starting on Monday, I am also anxious to see what new stories I write and what new interesting ideas I envision for later projects.

If I haven't mentioned yet, 2 of my 4 classes are literature and writing, with one being literally Creative Writing.  This won't be the first time I've taken a creative writing course, but I'm hoping very much to have an inspirational teacher and not one that seems uninterested in teaching or any of the desires of their students.  I'm excited for my classes and three days of classes will hopefully allow me more time to study and write.  Even more, one of my classes requires me to write, so I know I won't let him down!

Let the creativity and year of writing begin!  Stay tuned because my next entry will be about my Write-A-Thon from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment