Monday, February 6, 2012

Because I Am Writing...


Dear Left Fallopian Tube,
Bethany Lewis

Sometimes I dream you still reside
within me, mediating between Left Ovary
and Uterus. You kept them in line, in like,
even. Now they don’t associate
with each other
  At all.
I miss you.

I feel only part
woman, Despite having your sister,
Right,
Alive and well.
We speak of you silently
with utter sincerity; I wanted you to know.
We will not forget your caring nature.

The way you held on so tight
to her. How you tried to keep
her, Innocent and whole;            
                   it was not your job.
I know you only meant the best
for her. You wanted her
as much as I; for her to grow and thrive within you.

When you lost
her it shredded you. The electricity
of your despair did not go unseen.
As you bled into me, my mind
slowed
and became dumb
      I apologize.

My body could only hold
your tattered
lifeless remains,
               and hers,
Encasing your loss
within my abdomen. Concealing such calamity
from the harsh judgment of the world.

Awaking without you
was bitter. Right knew not what to do
without her sister. You left me,
                                              left us both.
Neither of us can understand what we could have done
to deserve such an empty departure
as yours                                                                                                               and hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment