Friday, February 24, 2012

Details for the February 2012 Write-A-Thon!

The goals and the schedule have been formulated, and I am ready to share.  The official February 2012 Write-A-Thon will take place on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 beginning at 6:00 am, Eastern Standard Time.  As before, the Write-A-Thon will continue for 26.2 hours, ending at 8:12 am, EST Wednesday, February 29th.  Any and all of you are welcome to join in and write that day.  The more, the merrier.  And no, you don't have to be crazy like me and write for 26 hours straight like I will be doing. 

As before, I will be updating my Twitter and Facebook page regularly to mark my progression, and I will try to take all the pictures I can so that you can "be there with me through the long hours!"  My goals for this marathon are as follows:

1. Write 15,000 words.
2. Complete Creative Writing fiction assignment.
3. Write for at least one hour on writing prompts.
4. Complete Chapter 9-14 in E.
5. Write general outline for E.C.



My goals aren't too far off from what I outlined last time.  However, I'm definitely having my reservations once more about whether or not I'll be able to complete it.  I did last time, and I met every goal and had a lot of fun doing it, but it was difficult and I was not without doubts of being able to finish.  Right now, I am going to try to focus on my previous victory and try to enjoy my writing time.  The nervousness is hard enough.  I conquered it once, but can I do it again?

I am allotting myself an optional 3 hour nap if needed (though I'm hoping I won't), and plenty of breaks with a time limit to keep myself consistent.  So now I have a lot of things to do this weekend in preparation for this Write-A-Thon.  I mean, I can't just leave my family hanging.  I have laundry, food, quality time, and normal homework and studying to keep up with. 

Tell your reading and writing friends and family.  Get the word out.  Share the information.  Comment or leave questions below if you have any, about the upcoming Write-A-Thon or anything in general.  I appreciate the comments I got in my last blog entry immensely!  It will definitely be nice to know I won't be alone on Tuesday. 

So, everyone, be ready!  Tuesday morning at 6:00 am sharp, the first Write-A-Thon of 2012 begins!!!  Stay tuned!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment