Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update #1

I know this is an odd time to do an update, but I thought I'd share a few things with you about my journey so far:

Chugging along...
This Write-A-Thon is definitely proving to be much more difficult and even arduous than the one before.  Last night I was excited but let my nerves give way to fear and anxiety and my start this morning was more of a huddled fetal position than a bullet leaving a gun.  I'll go into more detail at length when I have more time, but even now, as I have a lot more gumption and willpower, I am finding the words difficult to discover.

Perhaps this just isn't my day for writing.  Nothing I've written has made me truly inspired or giddy.  I'm merely following the trail I laid down for myself.  If I didn't know that editing while writing was a dangerous thing, I would have stopped and tried to fix everything.  However, the words would never get down and the story would never be written out.  Editing is for a later date, so I'm pushing on and trying to inspire myself as I go.

I am also very much behind my goals at this moment in time, but that is to be expected with the start I had this morning.  But I am not giving up.  I am not stopping.  I'm moving forward because if I don't, I'll be more than a little disappointed in myself.  I may not reach my side goals aside from finishing, but I'm going to do my best to find a way to get as close as I can. 

Thank you to all those who have commented and given me support in this.  I won't lie in that it helps me greatly to know that you are cheering me on.  I am truly grateful!

(Side note: It also does not help that upstairs, on my nightstand, lies The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  It beckons to be read, but alas, I must wait.  Oh, the agony!)

No comments:

Post a Comment