Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update #2

As the 12 hour mark has passed by, I decided I needed to update you all on my progress, little as it seems to me.  My official word count as of this moment stands at 5,206.  At almost my halfway point, the number is far from where I hoped I would be.  Though I did not account for the snags, the Writer's Block, the lack of sleep, and the other such interruptions as are common in a household with a walking 10 1/2 month old (and a husband sitting right behind me involving himself in all sorts of distracting work). 

No, Nolan, it is not your fault that you are being distracting.  I'm allowing you to be.

Have you ever had those days at work where everything comes together and the work flies by and you are enjoying yourself, your work, and your effort?  That was the first Write-A-Thon for me.  It couldn't have gone better.

If you've had those days, then I bet you've encountered those days when everything seemed to be a task.  As much as you enjoyed your work, it seemed to be arduous, long, over-bearing, stressful, and not easy to achieve like you thought it would be.  Even as you push yourself through it, you wonder why it's such a task when you know you love it.  Yet, for some reason, today it just isn't happening.  That would be today.

I've been trying to look at the upbeat side of it all, and it is helping.  But this may be one of those times.  That's okay though.  As hard as it is to swallow right now.  It just means today is my difficult day, and as much as they like to make us all think otherwise, it will not last forever.  So onward I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment