Sunday, January 28, 2018

Foolishness at its Finest

This is that time when you want to throw your entire project out the window alongside all your other writing because how could you ever be a writer? Why would anyone want to read what you have to say? And what possessed you to think you ever could write anything besides a simple email?

I've wallowed. I've hidden in a ball under the covers in my room. I've cried. I've considered my sanity. I even had a long talk about my sanity with my husband. I ran a fever from stress.

And I'm back again today. Why? I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.  I'm an idiot. I'm someone who doesn't give up. I get angry and scream at it all whilst I write.  So if you hear a distant string of irate banter, that's me: not giving up, but not exactly happy about it at the moment.

I want to give up, every fiber of me is hating myself for taking on such work. And I am mad that I am making myself do it. I am such a petulant child sometimes. But as long as I'm working toward something, I'm not going to interrupt. I'm going to let myself scream and banter and curse.

And I will do it until I stop screaming.  And eventually I won't hate myself and my writing.  Well, for awhile.  It comes and goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment