Monday, January 22, 2018

Make Way for the Dinosaur

The real test begins today.  We are finally in our normal routine at home.  No more snow days, sick kids, holidays, or days off.  Husband and I are back to work.  Our two girls are back in the swing of school, and the little man is back to Grammy's babysitting service.  So our time is always precious, the clock is forever ticking from the moment I get home. 

I hate thinking of it that way, but knowing that there is a bed time and there is still need for dinners to be made, homework to be done with nightly reading, not to mention on Mondays it is our Family Night; what we call Family Home Evening in which we go over the upcoming week events going on, we have a song and a little lesson or an activity, and then a treat to top it all off.

It's something that we do to become close as a family and we learn more about the more eternal side of life.  And we love it.  We have a lot of fun.

But even when it is not Monday evening in this household, our evenings always feel so busy during the week.  At least at the moment.  I know someday I'm going to wonder what in the world I was thinking when I thought this time period was busy.

But to then fit in time for myself to write, to write this blog, to even shower can be difficult.  If you are a parent, you know.  It's about making the time.  Somewhere, but you do.  It's worth it though.  All of it is.

But now is where it counts because if I cannot make this work into my normal schedule, then I will again stall out and who knows how long it could be.  Especially when I am this close.

I am so close.  At least to a new turning point.  And those can be great stepping stones, if I allow it to be.  And I want it to be.  I so want it to be.

A good eventide to all.  There is a work for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment